Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time cat owner - all top tips welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time cat owner - all top tips welcome!

So very funny :lol: :lol: And so very true 8-) :lol:

Pippipony

I remembered hearing Sarah Kennedy doing it on Radio 2 years ago & i howled with laughter & had to wipe away the tears, so glad it made you smile too!

leflynn

Love it! (I have a handy supply of cat handlers as part of the deal thankfully) :lol:

leflynn

Well the cat and I have parted company.... A once feral stable cat will not morph into a house cat (I did fear this) and after 3 weeks he has ironically gone to live with his old girlfriend very close to our old yard. He started being destructive, trying to escape and using the floor/chairs as litter trays and it broke me....

He's now in a lovely house close to where he always was being spoilt and hanging with his old girlfriend and is happy again (so we are told). I feel relieved as the cat is happy now and back where he belongs and probably where he should have gone in the first place

Post Thanks / Like

We often don't know what is for the best until we've tried another route hun

You are both happy now

Pippipony

As long as the cat is happy that is the most important thing.
    Yonks ago a friend was looking to re-home an elderly ladies cat. He couldn't keep her as his Spangle was far too interested in her :o :o So he asked round the office if anyone wanted to re-home. I said I was interested. So did another lady. As this lady was on her own & wanted the company I said she could have said cat.
    I think she had her for 3 days!! hock: Before she came to me & asked if I was still interested. Cat was very timid & "hid" behind or under the furniture. She wasn't a sit on your knee cat. Plus she had a very loud purr! So said cat had taken up residence under this ladies bed, hardly came out & purred all night long, keeping her awake. So she decided it was not the cat for her :?
    We had her for 5 happy years!
    You've tried for far longer & it wasn't working out, so better for all concerned to let the cat go somewhere it was happy

leflynn

I'll always try! He is apparently back to his old self and happy, so I'm pleased - tbh I think it worked out the best for all of us!

Post Thanks / Like

That is good news