Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The questions we were too scared to ask thread

spookypony
    I just ignore them, and eventually they either come off on their own, or I remember to ask the trimmer.

Post Thanks / Like
    These don't come off though! They sort of grow out and around and split, they're like something demented.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain to me how you know if you are on the right leg in canter? I honestly cant feel it (well most of the time I can't) and its really frustrating as I have been riding years! I can see it if on the ground though - lunging/watching someone ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    PP will probably have some wise words

I feel it through my hips, if that makes sense.

Meggymoo
    It just feels awful when you are on the wrong one!

3Beasties
    It's something I struggle to feel as well,I can do it but it doesn't happen as easily as it should! I have to stop myself from looking. I also can't feel when I'm on the right diagonal, a friend was laughing at me the other week as I get really muddled about it, to the point that I can't even remember which is or isn't the right diagonal!

There is no hope for me

Pippipony
    Ok diagonals

you will be rising out of the saddle as the outside front leg is reaching forwards, and the inside going back

Canter lead

When the horse canters on the right lead, both his right hind and right fore are leading over the left legs (visa versa with the left lead) and he picks them up higher and reaches farther forward with those legs. Therefore his back will be slightly crooked underneath your seat, both front-to-back and side-to-side.

In your hips you’ll feel your inside hip in front of your outside, so if he is on the right lead, your right hip and leg will be in front of your left hip and leg. Because he is picking both leading legs up higher, you’ll also feel your weight shift to the outside, so if he is on the right lead, you’ll feel more weight in your left seat bone and left stirrup.

Cheiro1
    Is it bad to admit I still have to look over the inside shoulder sometimes to check I am on the correct lead?

Pippipony
    Well I Do on a strange horse sometimes

Post Thanks / Like
    I do sometimes just to check even though I know.

Yup. That makes no sense lol