Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benji - a horse my heart will never forget

Re: Benji - a horse my heart will never forget

((hugs))

the following was emailed to me by Sophia, the wonderful girl who stood by us through it all.

The moment I met this horse I starred death in the face, and it was at that point I realised the real cruelty that humans can inflict upon an animal. Seeing it, and I mean, really seeing it, will stay with me forever.

Millie warned me he wouldn’t be pretty, she’d told me what she knew but nothing could of prepared me for seeing his beaten, almost dead body. Crippled, beaten, broken almost beyond repair but with the heart of an angel.

The wounds he arrived with left him with permanent scars, despite the best care and attention during his early days with Millie.

The moment everything changed was the moment he found his own balance, and his eyes shone. He overcame tragedy, neglect and abuse but he remained strong, stubborn, wilful, loving, affectionate and so much more. I remember seeing him handled, ridden, jumped and competed for the first time, those memories are engraved in my mind for a lifetime.

He shone in everything he did, a brilliant, bold, passionate horse across the country, a safe, reliable hack, a whole load of fun in the school. A truly amazing, talented horse. A character like no other.

Reading Millie’s story brought every detail flooding back, she can tell it with far more accuracy and in a more articulate manner than I ever could so I will leave you with the following.

‘A testament to the belief that sometimes TLC can overcome the worst demons, a bond that nobody could ever break, a light at the end of the tunnel, a friendship so strong others were envious, an owner always willing to listen and go the extra mile, a horse who trusted her so much he was willing to fight his past, two broken souls united as one, a partnership that will make history’

Cheiro1

That just brought tears to my eyes again. stunning words from someone who obv cares a lot for both of you.

Shes a cracking girl is that one couldn't of coped with the first few months without her!

Post Thanks / Like

Got me tingling again hun.

Hugs.

Meggymoo

Aww B. I am sat here sobbing my eyes out (silly bu$$er that I am!) I have just read that initial post for the first time and well, what can I say? "sniffles!"

Rather like my dog, he was both special and speshal.

benji

Do you guys want to hear more of this?

Meggymoo

Yes please, just warn me if I need tissues again!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes please.