Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Suffer from Hayfever and Have Horses?

Post Thanks / Like

Do You Suffer from Hayfever and Have Horses?

Just how bad is it/can it get?

D1 started with hayfever a few years ago. Bit of a bobber as it comes at exam time

Friend suffers badly.

I don't get it, but have always sneezed when there is dust, as in house dust type, around. Starting to have some allergic reaction to 'something' these days, but no idea as to what it is!

MissMillie
    I get hayfever, am on a prescription inhalant and anti-hystermines from the doctors.

Am also allergic to cats - which didn't start til I was about 14!

Poor D1 and you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes to the cats one m'duck!

I wonder if allergies are becoming more prevalent?

MissMillie
    Yup they are, as is asthma and the likes. Particularly in the adults-of-tomorrow, annoyingly for them

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder why.

Is it our diet? Life style (and if life style, which bit - I don't believe we are more stressed than people were in days gone by).

MissMillie
    I read a really interesting study about the relation to children being exposed to dirt and the likes being less likely to end up with allergies.

In todays society kids aren't encouraged to go roll around in mud/eat with dirty hands (opps shh i'm a horsey gal, it happens!) etc so seem to be more prone to allergies as a result

Cheiro1
    I have both asthma and hayfever. Although I am lucky in that neither are massively severe.

I was brought up in muddy fields and covered in dirt though so no one can say I wasn't exposed to things haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aye, I used to eat my lunch standing in the muck heap in the winter. Only place to keep m'feet warm

Never was a clean and tidy child..., the younger Ds aren't either. D2 seems okay, but D1 was up to her age as well.

I'd started taking Piritoneze, but stopped for a few days. Think I'll have to go back to it as the cough is backand I feel rubbish again (on top of this sickness bug I've picked up ).

Pippipony
    I have asthma & am allergic to all animals & feathers, so horses, dogs cats etc.
    Dogs are the cery worst for me, then cats & horses. But when i was in daily contact i built up a certain imunity to my own horses dust, same when we had a cat. had to be careful when they moulted, but found the best wasy round that was to clip the horses - LOL

I have twice daily inhalers, steroid top ups in pill fashion and anti-histamines.

Luckily hayfever has neevr been server and tends to be worse in autumn with the fungal & mould spores.

Stacking hay in the barn would always set me off for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw hunny. Not good for you here then... dogs, cats, horses...