Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get well vibes for Fat Lab please.

Meggymoo

Get well vibes for Fat Lab please.

Just back from leaving Fat lab at the vets for the night. Hasnt been himself for a couple of days and of course, with him being 12, I now worry about every little thing. Tonight he seemed decidedly unwell and was trembling all the time. Spoke to emergency vet and they have had him straight in. First thoughts are pancreatitis but running tests to confirm or otherwise.

House is very empty without him.

Cheiro1
    Massive vibes and hugs

Meggymoo
    Thanks C1 - silly but I didnt want to come down stairs this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh hunny. Everything very crossed that he's alright. Hugs.

MissMillie
    Oh no Lots of love to you all xxx

Meggymoo
    Thanks ladies. Been a bit of a traumatic day. Bloods showed up nothing but scan suggested there may or may not be some sort of abnormal mass. Cue one very worried bunny. After the longest wait ever for a call from vets x-ray showed nothing like that. Did however show arthritis in his spine which can account for abdominal pain. Well we knew he had it in his back legs and has cartrofen injections which work quite well for 3 or 4 months. He is due for another dose anyway, so they are going to give him that while he is there. No more vomiting so they are going to give him a feed and monitor him over night. Hopefully will be home tomorrow and will just keep an eye on him. Why oh why do we let these animals break our hearts so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh hunny. Hugs. They do get into the heart.

Glad it's better than first anticipated.

Hope he's back home tomorrow and doing well.

Pippipony
    How is he doing now?
    xx

leflynn
    Big hugs M, I hope big lab is doing okay today x

Meggymoo
    Currently lying on the sofa (something he's never allowed to do!) with daughter, being spoilt rotten. Very subdued and I was so shocked how weak his back legs had got since Friday, but rang vet nurse and they werent too worried - combination of things, confined space, sedation, drugs, not eaten and quite poorly as well. However, during the evening, bit by bit he seems to be getting strong and they arent giving way so quickly. So fingers crossed the improvement will continue.