Thread: Biker, hope no one minds...

svmel

Biker, hope no one minds...

Has been a long time since this happened, and is totally non horsey or animaly, but had to write it down somewhere, so hope you all don't mind.
    It has been something like 17 years since my mum and I happened upon a devastating accident, whilst returning from seeing a friends horse, a normal saturday just like any other, but it changed my life. I was just around my early teenage years.

To the biker whose name I don't know,

I'm sorry we couldn't save you, we tried, the paramedics tried, but you were already gone. A dreadful misjudgement led to your passing, but your death wasn't in vain.

For I am a biker now, and there isn't a day when I don't see you, remember you, you are always there. There's not one time, when I throw my leg over the seat, that I don't think of you and send up a silent prayer of thanks. Thanks because your death keeps me safe. It reminds me how vulnerable I am, how precious my life is and how I need to make sure, through safe riding, that I stay alive. If I hadn't met you in the way I had to, I wouldn't have you there, reminding me every ride. I'm so sorry you had to die, but the good it has done for me is unmeasureable. Thank you.

Shiny side up, my friend, my guardian. Rest in peace.

Mel. xxx

Cheiro1

Re: Biker, hope no one minds...

RIP biker.

What a tragic thing to come across, but a beautiful way to remember him.

Post Thanks / Like

How beautiful.

Rest in peace Biker friend.

I ride as well. I will think of you.

Redmone

We're a biking family too, always got to remember how precious life is and how fragile we are.

RIP Biker. xxx