Thread: RIP Toppy - my friend, the best cat in the world

Redmone

RIP Toppy - my friend, the best cat in the world

Said goodnight last night to my cat and best friend of 16 years.

Can't write about it properly yet, but will do on here when I can. I knew she was poorly, but it was a car that took her in the end.

She managed to get home, and waited for me as she always does. I then took her to the vet and kissed her goodbye.

She owed me nothing. I was there when she was born and there when she died.

And I'll miss her everyday, forever.

RIP Toppy. I love you.

Pippipony

Re: RIP Toppy - my friend, the best cat in the world

So very sorry, what an awful thing. So glad you were able to be with her at the end

((hugs))

xx

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry hunny.

Rest in peace beautiful one.

Redmone

Thank you.

Feeling a bit better today, and whilst I'm devastated that her life ended in the way it did, I'm relieved that she didn't seem to suffer and that she waited for me to be with her. I knew she didn't have long left, last weekend she started having little accidents (in a blanket, in the bath :? ) and that really wasn't like her - I thought perhaps her kidneys were failing. I warned daughter to make the most of the time we had with her, didn't realise how true it would be, but I think it made it easier for daughter to cope, she's been very brave.

I received a sympathy card from the vet today too. That was a lovely gesture. They were brilliant - it was only 10 minutes until they closed when I called them, and they waited for us and then treated her - didn't rush us or anything. And bear in mind, it's been 10 years since I went to this vet!!!

Toppy was a proper hunter cat! She's caught a magpie, a bat, lots of mice, dragonflies, birds and once.......a cooked joint of roast beef, complete with string!!! Think she stole it from a neighbours conservatory!!!

She wasn't particularly pretty - a skinny scraggy black and white. Born under my bed many years ago, and her mum rejected her - I fed her wotsits to wean her!!! She's eat anything - loved pasta and rice, and fairy cakes!!! She used to break into packs of buns and I'd come home to a pile of icing!!!

She was a character. And my baby. I miss her and cleaning up her split cat food and piles of cat hairs around the house has broken my heart.

Please don't feel obliged to comment on this. I suppose I'm writing more for me than you.

But thank you lots for your kind comments. xxx

svmel

Much love and big hugs

rip little one xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Redmone

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee
    Much love and big hugs

rip little one xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Thanks Tennessee.

Just can't believe she's gone :cry:

Post Thanks / Like

It's often the little things that hurt the most.

Hugs hunny.