Thread: Muckboots - the Tyne

Post Thanks / Like

Muckboots - the Tyne

Okay, I've given in...

These boots are amazingly warm and yummy for cold footed people. They're the best I've ever come across.

Not so giving in the ankle area, but I found quite good for hacking on wintry days due to the warmth up the leg and the support. You know those days, when all you want to do is get home and thaw out in front of a roaring fire!

The downs are:

I slipped badly in mine on mud. Gave myself a cracker across the shin on the edge of a concrete ledge; ironically it was the neoprene of the boots that stopped some serious damage

They split . This has happened to just about eveyone I've spoken .

They rub the back of the leg, just about the heel. Obviously not everyone! It has put me off though as no matter what I did with socks/breeches I still got holes in my legs . If it hadn't been for this one, I'd have just lived with the two points above and had another pair, as it is I now have Ariat wellies (can't remember the name). So far they've been fine.

Cheiro1
    I had Ariat Mudbusters a couple of years ago - very comfy but they split by the end of the winter.

Last year I got some mark todd country boots - same problem.

In the end I shelled out and brought myself some Ariat Grasmeres - They have done all of last winter in the mud/wet, being not cleaned as much as they should, and they still look good as new. Very impressed

Also the ONLY boots (other than my dubarries, but I am not rich enough to replace those) I have ever found which keep my feet warm with one pair of socks, all others I end up not being able to feel my feet at all, even with about 3 pairs of socks on!

Pippipony
    Love my Dubarries, agree they keep your feet so warm

svmel
    Best and cheapest boots I found for keeping feet warm in the snow with only one pair of cotton socks were..............

£16-99 from Lidl.
    They were amazimg!!!!!!

Welshd
    I had some muck boots that lasted four years but as you say they are slippy

I bought some new ones, same company but I think my new ones are the 'Lune' style and they have a much chunkier and grippy sole, those have lasted a year so far with no problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Not seen those.

What are they like at the back, just above heel height?

SpotsRock
    I couldn't get on with Muck boots one size was too big and gave me blisters, the smaller size crippled my feet

I splashed out and got some Le Chameau

Horseyvon
    Love my Muck Boots. I have had them for two years & so far so good. Had previous pair for four years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Four years? You're much kinder on boots than I am

I did really like their warmth