Thread: Do you remember

Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember

the feel of your horse.

Do your hands remember the feel of your horse that has gone. The shape of a nose, a shoulder, how it felt to run your hands over.

Can you still feel the touch, the warmth, the strength, the beauty.

I can. It haunts and it comforts. And I miss it in ways I can't describe.

svmel
    Yes. Even the anglo I rode when I was a teenager, who finally passed away about 8 years ago, and my son got to ride. I remember the feel of his top lip as he would kiss my face for carrots, the shove of his nose in my back when I wasn't paying him enough attention, his smell, the way he looked down his nose at me with his ears nearly touching each other, the way he felt when I hugged him whilst on board.........

Time hasn't really paled it much, nor the pain of losing him xxxxx

LauraWheeler
    I have very vivid dreams about Lucy. We are often out riding somewhere I have never been before. These dreams are so real like she's still here with me. It's always hard when I wake up and realise it was just a dream, but even though thats all they are it is wonderful to have her back. I can feel her, hear her, smell her all as it used to be. I often have these dreams when i'm upset or worried about something, times when Lucy was here I would rely on her to help me through.
    It prob sounds silly to everyone else but it almost feels as if through my dreams she's letting me know she is still here.

svmel
    Not silly LW - at times of stress or sometimes when I'm feeling down my dogs come and visit, not even in dreams, I've actually seen them in the house xxxxxxx