Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressage & Showjumping competing question

Dubsie
    This is great, thank you ! Just own more question, in BS there is a 'club membership' where you don't pay as much to join BUT you can go and jump affiliated however you only get the BS points not the ££prize money. Is there similar for dressage?

Cheiro1
    No dressage there is only one level of membership

spookypony
    I want to join BD next year, but I have the complicated situation of being a dual citizen of 2 countries, neither of which is the UK...for Endurance, this isn't a problem until FEI, but for BD, first I have to have written permission of my country's federation to join (which country?), and second, they automatically put me in at Grade 3 unless I go through a process that isn't clear to me to get into the correct category (which would be Grade 8, as I've not competed affiliated DR since I was 13...). If I go the Canadian route, it's not so complicated: I just have to shell out the money for a Canada Sports License, and Bob's your uncle. But for Germany, there's the added complication that to compete in Germany, I'd have to sit an exam, which I haven't done, as I was trained in Canada...so I have no idea if I could get permission to compete in the UK! You'd think it wouldn't make a difference to them at the lower levels, but I'm intrigued as to what they'll say when I ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gawd sakes! How bleedin' complicated m'duck.

As you trained in Canada then go for that one

Meggymoo
    Blimey that sounds complicated SP. Out of interest, is that what led to a dressage champion being disqualified and a cob being upgraded to champion a week or two ago? Sure I read something in HH recently.

spookypony
    Apparently! That's why I suspect just declaring one country won't be enough; I'll need to prove that I should be group 8 from 2 countries. Hopefully, when I phone people next week, they'll be able to work it out.
    Last edited by spookypony; 17-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fingers crossed lass!

Dubsie
    Blimey SP sounds a nightmare!

PP going back to the dressage rules, I can prove from passport which shows date of birth & date of first UK vaccinations where it has vet stamp in there that Lady was in UK when 5 BUT as I've no detail of who owned her then and there is a gap in the record (so was restarted then) she MAY have been in UK longer but cannot prove it, so does that mean she will have 45 points regardless? (even though I doubt she has ever done any dressage tests)?

Cheiro1
    Dubsie you can have horses down-graded if you want/need to. I believe they come out and assess them