Thread: Memories of Mozart

Post Thanks / Like

Memories of Mozart

Mozart - for a while after losing her, when I was in bed at night, I could sometimes still hear the sound she made when she'd settle herself down for the night, leaving her bed to spend the first part of the night lying next to the radiator by the dining room door . It made me miss her and feel closer to her at the same time.

When I first had to go away for work, I would have to sleep with a sweetshirt to get my scent on it, she would then have it in her bed during the week otherwise she would lie by the front door and cry.

There would often be the cry of "Get your head off the table!". Being a St Bernard, the dining table was just the right height :roll:

She was a bit slobbery, but not bad for a St Bernard . We had a saying, when someone got a bit of slob on them that they had been Moz'd :lol:

I would often have to run after her when she saw another dog. She was pretty well trained (took me six runs of the beginners dog training course to get to that stage lol), but on seeing another dog, well, she just wanted to play, only other people didn't see it that way :? :roll: . It was always just after dinner as well, me running along with a full stomach shouting "Don't worry, she won't hurt you, she just wants to play!" as eleven and a half stone of dog lumbered up towards them hock:

Re: Memories of Mozart

Awww MrsM, she sounds lovely, bless!

The good memorys are a fantastic thing to remember her by aren't they?

RIP Moz x

Pippipony

Wonderful memories
    x

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you . I do miss her. When she went, even the vet was in tears - she was such a gentle big girl

svmel

Would have loved to have met her she sounds gorgeous Lovely memories xx

MrsNesbitt

She sounds like she was wonderful and reminds me of my lovely big cat Jack who I sadly lost 2 years ago.

He was a rescue from the RSPCA - about 6-8 years old when we got him, feral, had been run over by a car and ended up in the RSPCA who fixed him up but he did lose an eye. He was without doubt one of the biggest cats I have ever seen, bigger than a Jack Russel by far and he could stand with his paws on the windowsill of our house and look outside! Because they only neutered him before we got him he was still very much a tom cat and his chest was so wide he could not sit with his front paws together.

He was the most loving and loyal cat I have ever owned. Six weeks after we got him we found out he had developed diabetes so for the rest of his life he had to be injected with insulin every morning and bless him that cat would sit by the fridge in the mornings and just wait for his jab. Every time we brought a new kitten into the house he would take it under his wing and treat it like it was his own. Showing them what to do and sleeping with them etc. He loved his people and wherever you were Jack would be 2 steps behind.

When we finally had to have him PTS we took him to our usual vets who loved him too as he was so big and unusual. Everyone was in tears and the vet was so understanding and left me with him in the room for a good half hour afterwards so I could hold him and say my final goodbyes.

I will never forget him he truly was a once in a lifetime cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh hun. Got tears in my eyes now.

He sounds wonderful

Pippipony

What an amazing cat. There are some very special animals out there.