Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May I Introduce...

tabithakat64
    They look lovely and reasonably bright and healthy too. Have you thought about names yet or will they be remaining Lord & Lady? Has the vet told you they are underweight? I would look at some rabbit condition scoring...

2. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

Yes, they're Lord and Lady Rabbit lol

They are bony, the girl more so than the boy, to the extent where the vet wouldn't spay the girl 'till she's put on a bit.

Lord has come through the snip op fine. The only thing they couldn't do was flush his eye properly. Will get details when we pick him up.

tabithakat64
    Aww that's sad Really good that Lord R has come through the op ok as bunnies are delicate things.

5. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you He's apparently doing fine. I'm hoping the lack of eye flush thingy issue whatever it is is t going to cause him a problem. Very interested to know what the vet thinks.

Lady is relaxing even though he's not here . She's still inside in the makeshift pen as I think she's had enough changes without adding in a new hutch/run. Might put her in there to stretch a leg. Have to work out the best way of having them close to each other, but not too close(!) for the next four-ish weeks.

svmel
    Beware! Rabbits have been know to back up to either side of the wire separating them and somehow mate through that!!!!!!

Eye thing could be related to back teeth, although I would have thought they would have checked those when he had the snip. My rabbit ended up having a general anaesthetic almost every six weeks after the age of seven as his back teeth were misaligned and not wearing properly. Always made his eye play up and block. I had to decide it wasn't fair to carry on doing that so often as it took him longer and longer to recover each time and had to put an otherwise healthy rabbit to sleep. Broke my heart but was best for him.

Really hope it's not that for your little one, I will add that over the early years mine also got a couple of random odd eye troubles that cleared up beautifully with cream, only about twice in seven years, so don't mean to scare you with horrible story -sorry- it can also be a simple fix!!!!

Sorry, mouth open, both feet in up to my hip....

8. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ta *Shoves sleeve up, wiggles fingers, inserts arm and pulls SVM out*

I'll ask the vet re teeth/eye.

LauraWheeler
    Awwwww another one you are making wish she could have bunnies again. Think The little fella would have other ideas though and a Hampster is probably torture enough for him

Glad Lord Rabbit got through his op ok.

11. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post