Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts please for my little Daisy dogglette

Post Thanks / Like
    She's okay ta

Sorry, I meant to update and forgot! My bad.

I think it's the leg that's made her a bit off. She's improved but I'm keeping an eye on her.

leflynn
    Thats better news, poor thing!

3. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

She's not right again. Taking her to the vet tomorrow. I'd take her today but she's not in pain, is still wagging her tail, happy to jump on and off the sofa, eating, drinking, pooing and weeing as normal, but her chest/end of rib cage is extended. The foreleg is now fine. I have some knowledge of bloat and this is nothing like either I've experienced or read of. I'm wary of taking her in today as it will be a skeleton staff and she'll get stressed for nothing more than a check over and come back tomorrow. If she changes for the worse in any way then I'll have to take her, but really don't want to leave her there. None of our animals have done well being left at any vet's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have given in to my own whittling.

Rang the vet. They have a full complement of staff on so can do what they'd need to today

I still don't want to leave her but we can discuss dependent on what the vet thinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably heart disease. Having xrays and bloods taken. Should be able to treat with medication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor wee doggette

Her heart, or the bit they're interested in, is three times the size it should be! If we'd not got her to the vet's today she wouldn't have been around in a couple of days' time.

Apparently she has a serious heart murmur. The effort her wee heart has had to make has caused the muscle (heart) to grow, thereby narrowing the artery, which in turn has meant it's had to work harder, making the muscle develop more - a vicious circle.

They've drained off 1.5 litres of fluid(!). She's being kept in tonight whilst they give her diuretics to get rid of the rest of the fluid.

The cardiologist will see her in the morning and give me a call.

I've reiterated that she's not to be put through a tonne of tests. She's twelve years old. So long as they can make her comfortable so she can lie on a sofa and watch the world go by then she'll be happy. If, as the vet has suggested, she'll be able to go for walks once the heart medication is sorted out then I'll be extra happy.

8. Hugs Spottyappy Hugs
    leflynn
    Poor little daisy, thank goodness you're there to look after her, I hope the meds can make her comfy x

10. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

You should have seen D carrying her in. Soft as butter with her. The girls have been hanging around waiting for the vet to call.

We've decided no Christmas presents this year. Vets bills alone are over £2k for all the various furry and hairy friends. So much for a non-spending year

12. Hugs Spottyappy Hugs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hugs for you and Daisy.
    our old Doberman had that years back.
    She was kept medicated and well for a fair while so fingers crossed its the sane for Daisy.

14. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Django Pony
    Hugs for you MrsM, and vibes for Daisy - hope the meds keep her comfy.x

16. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post