Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the point of a VSD?

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds about right lass. I had one when I wanted a jump saddle, it was an I term and really useless as a jump saddle.

Meggymoo
    Well you learn something new every day.

tabithakat64
    I really like them they have a straighter cut flap but can still have knee rolls. Merlin had one (Albion K2 and also a Jeffries) and it was smart enough to show or do dressage with yet still secure enough to jump in. Plus they are useful for those of us with horses with big shoulders that might be too restricted by a normal GP.
    Joe pony used to jump 1m50 in his so it you have the right one and it fits well then they are useful.

spookypony
    It actually stands for "Vielseitigkeits-Sattel Dressur", which means General Purpose saddle, dressage. Its counterpart is the VSS, "Vielseitigkeits-Sattel Springen" (GP, jumping). I think the reasoning is that it could be useful for someone who mainly does one discipline, wants to dabble in the other, and doesn't want to own 2 saddles. But as tabithakat64 mentions, the VSD can be useful if the horse has big shoulders. I'm considering going down that route with the Spooky Pony at some point when I've not just shelled out for a dressage saddle for the mare.

5. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post