Thread: agility yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

agility yesterday

Yesterday was my first agility show as a grade 4. I had four classes, two jumping and two agility. Hes been shutting down a bit at shows, he gets nervous and slows down but he's been gradually improving and yesterday he was fab.

First agility class, we just got 5 faults, I had to get closer to one jump then planned and so I was too far away from the weave and he missed them.

In the first jumping class, it wasn't a great round, he flew out of the tunnel and missed the weaves, and then when in the weave missed a couple of them!

Second agility course, was very similar to the first one, he ran really well round there, Think he got a clear round for that.

I then walked the second jumping course, up to this class the courses had been lovely, not too many traps, flowing and nice courses, I didn't like the look of this class. 4 jumps to a weave entry on a dodgy angle, out of the weave to a combination of 3 jumps where you needed to have your dog really listening. Needed to pull them In between a few jumps. In the queue a few people were discussing how best to get round, lots of dogs missed the weave entry.
    Paddy went round clear and got 6th place!!! Couldn't believe it!

So really pleased with him. We have a couple of things to work on. He now has to learn to weave independently and allow me to swap sides on the weaves as at this grade it will be a real hinderence if we can't. Also need to just sharpen up his turns and then he'll do great :-D

2. Likes Spottyappy, MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an excellent outing m'duck!

Lovely to have moved up and have things to keep improving on

svmel
    Wow, bless him, well done!!! I always marvel at the skill of the handlers as well as the dogs when watching agility. Having done a little years ago I know how difficult it is!!!

5. Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done paddy. Sounds like you mostly enjoyed it!

7. Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Pippipony
    Brilliant

Frowningowl
    Well done! Sounds very exciting and you both sound like you're coping with the next grade. Enjoy it!