Thread: Rabbits - Best Hutch and Run Set-up?

Post Thanks / Like

Rabbits - Best Hutch and Run Set-up?

Thinking about Lord and Lady Bun.

Their run is reasonble sized, but not big enough, plus when it rains all the lower level is getting wet

As the house is up for sale I have to keep that in mind, but need the buns to be comfortable and safe.

Been looking at garden sheds... Don't know what size to go for or whether it needs a window, and how safe are they from Mr Fox pulling the slats off?

If one goess for the garden shed option, what does one do about the run section?

I've had a Google but can't see any images.

tabithakat64
    a shed is a great option, just put weld mesh over the window so they have ventilation. You can use aviary panels to create a run fairly quickly and cheaply or buy a roofed aviary (accommodation you can walk into to clean and interact with the rabbits is a million times better) ideally it should be dig proof/predator proof so on slabs or with mesh under the grass.

For a traditional run you can attach a transparent tarpaulin with bungees to help keep buns dry.

Size and enrichment are the most important things. Size should be minimum of 6x10x 3ft tall according to RWAF guidelines.

Cardboard boxes tunnels, a tray with earth in all make good and cheap toys.

If you go on Pinterest and type in rabbit housing loads of get things show up.
    Last edited by tabithakat64; 23-09-2016 at 09:07 PM.

3. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    tabithakat64
    Will post pictures of my set ups when I'm not on the phone

5. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    tabithakat64
    You can attach the run directly to the shed and cut a hole in the shed so the rabbits can go in and out or use a tunnel (Google runaround tunnels or welfare hutches)

7. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post