Thread: How and What...? Lady Bun needs a new friend :(

Post Thanks / Like

How and What...? Lady Bun needs a new friend :(

We lost Lord Bun today We don't know why he died, unless it was an accident and his neck was damaged. The hutch is an okay size and the doors are padlocked, so we think it was 'just' an accident.

We've brought Lady Bun into the dining room, in what was the guineapigs hutch. She was so pleased to see me she practically leapt into my arms poor sweetie. She'll go to the vet tomorrow to make sure she's okay.

Whilst being in the dining room is a place she knows and she'll have a lot of dog, cat, and human company, she needs another friend.

If it weren't for T64 on here I'd have just gone out tomorrow and go one from a rescue or Preloved, but there's bonding to be done?

I don't know how long Lady can be on her own for.

I suddenly realise I don't know enough about rabbits!

tabithakat64
    So sorry
    She will need a partner, length of time depends on the rabbit.
    Whereabouts are you? (Sorry, I forget) maybe I can suggest a decent rescue with singles near you who will bond for you.

As you know I also have Blue who's single ATM...

3. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    tabithakat64
    Mrs M are they vaccinated against vhd2? It can cause sudden death in rabbits can only be identified via pm though.
    Was he eating ok yesterday? Did you notice any changes in poo type/size that could indicate digestive issues.
    How old was he? Heart failure is reasonably common in older rabbits.

5. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you T.

Lord was only two. Vaccs were up to date (last done a few weks ago). All appeared normal. No strange poos. Eating okay. Drinking.

I found a rescue bun online. He was at the local Pets at Home. I picked him up this evening. The lady was pretty informed and informative. He's six months old. Currently chilling in a separate hutch to Lady, but also in the dining room. I bought her some more toys and a treat stick so she associates his smell with good stuff. He's to go for the snip next week. We'll start introducing a few days after that.

tabithakat64
    Fingers crossed it all goes well. Let me know if you want any bonding advice

8. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Will need loads of advice. Have Googled and have a sheet from PaH, but the voice of experience would be brill