Thread: Bunnies Bonding: Update

Post Thanks / Like

Bunnies Bonding: Update

So far they don't want to know...

Fudge, the new one (neutered male), is more interested than Lady, whereas she runs away.

We let them out in the sitting room so they've plenty of space to move and get some exercise.

Could do with them getting along soon. Have a new indoor enclosure in mind, but they'd be in together. They can't stay in their temporary digs for much longer as they aren't big enough long term.

Any suggestions folks?

tabithakat64
    Small space, 6x2 pen or the like, continuous supervised bonding has always worked best for me.
    As long as there's not proper fighting then you're doing ok.

3. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

So in that sized space and keep an eye on them for a couple of hours?

At the moment, he wants to got to her, and she legs it. I feel really sorry for her. I think she still misses Lord, even more than we do.

tabithakat64
    We do minimum of 24 hours. Blue and Willow took three days (three sleepless nights for me on the sofa) most rescues bond this way, some do it after a quick speed date to see if the match is likely to work.

The small space will force them to interact, sometimes my most experienced rescue friend who bonds will take the space down to 2x2 or make the space a circle if bunnies are being territorial.

Easy bonds like Claudia and her new husbun you could probably do in a few hours.

Chasing and mounting is normal, if things get frantic split them up (clapping you hands will normally do this).

I'm right in thinking they can see each other 24/7 then get time together each day in your dining room.

Are you ages away Mrs M? Prehaps they could come to me for a couple of days if you're still having difficulties as I realise the above may not be an option for you due to the wonky.

6. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post
    Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    tabithakat64
    Just checking that they're both neutered?

8. Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

They can't see each other but can smell and hear each other. I could make it so they can see as well. Yes they're out most days in the sitting room.

I can do the whole weekend with them in a 6x3 space.

If it doesn't work then yes please as I'll deffo need help at that point!

Yes both neutered. Girl a couple of years ago, boy about a month ago.