Thread: Sarcoids. What are my options??

Post Thanks / Like

Sarcoids. What are my options??

So roo now has two possibly three sarcoids. They are small and don't seem to affect her.
    One is right at the top of the inside of her back leg.
    One is (if you do a blanket clip and there is that bit of hair you cut a semi circle round in front of back leg) It's at the bottom of there, near her belly.
    And the possible one is in front of her teats.
    They have all come up in last few months.

I have the vet coming to blood test roo next month so I will ask about them. But I have heard bad things about the creams.
    Any one dealt with sarcoids before?

2. Hugs MrsMozart Hugs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobber.

Only had one. Little Cob when we first got him. Got rid of it with an elastic band, but I think these days that's not recommended.

I've heard good things about the Liverpool cream. I think the choice when there's more than one is leave as not in places that will rub, or go the cream route.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would leave alone unless they bother her, or start to look sore.
    athena had the Liverpool cream. I would never use it again, it was vicious stuff.
    i now feed turmeric and Black pepper with lindeed oil. Grace has some, most have dropped off others are changing since feeding turmeric.

5. Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Hugs MrsMozart Hugs
    leflynn
    Yes have dealt with sarcoids before, Red had several round his eyes. One was very agressive and grew like a motherfunkster in weeks, that was dealt with due to its location and severity by iridium wire treatment at leahurst under the watchful eye of prof knottenbelt,it was the best thing to see happen to your horse but it was that or eventually lose his eye and at the time he was horse no 298 to have it done. It had recoccured in one horse as dose wasnt high enough and it retreated, the other put to sleep shortly after treatment as it seems they failed to the notes re orange daylo gunk that would come out! The others which were under the other eye were treated by efudix (chemo) cream (not sure if this is liverpool cream?) I ran out of money so applied it myself inder VERY strict vet orders and touch wood all both okay and with two eyes! If in doubt get your vet to refer to prof knottenbelt as he is a world expert on sarcoids among other things, I wouldnt wait till they'd change and I'd be wary of putting toothpaste and anybother b@llocks like that on them as it can make them worse... shout if you need any more info/help

7. Likes MrsMozart liked this post
    Hugs MrsMozart Hugs