Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boots update - cross your everythings...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you hadn't given it a try you'd have probably always questioned yourself lass. You're doing what you need to do for the lad.

leflynn
    Just waiting to hear this afternoon if we are okay to go ahead with week 3 treatment as they found a small trace of blood cells in his wee sample and it can suggest an infection or irritation so vet has emailed oncologist as she wants to double check. He seems fine in himself and other than weeing more (steriods) and drinking and eating more (steroids) you wouldn't really know any different. This week as he has been peeing more he doesn't seem to want to go upstairs to bed, so we have reached a compromise of single matress on huge sofa as a bed for us both - tbh I had the best nights sleep!! As I think Boots did

3. Hugs MrsMozart Hugs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sweetie. He's a grand lad. Love your sleeping arrnangement xx

leflynn
    Not going ahead today as they suspect he has a bladder infection/irritation, so we're off to collect some anti-b's and other bits and bobs. Comedy this morning trying to collect a wee sample in the dark with an old dog dish at 4am :lol: Something is amiss as he is still peeing every 2 hours or so so neither one of us slept that great last night although new bed is comfy!

6. Hugs MrsMozart Hugs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobber to infection, though giggles to 4a.m. image

Hope you both get some sleep tonight! xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw bless him
    Hope the infection soon clears up x

Post Thanks / Like
    Lf, only just found this post.
    how is the lad coping now you're 3 weeks or so into it?
    think you were right in your decision.
    Keeping everything firmly crossed that it all goes in his favour,.

leflynn
    He had a few rough days this week tbh and I questioned everything again, had diarrhea, was weeing himself in his sleep and still needing to pee every two hours and he looked mega tired. Thankfully yesterday he started to perk up on his cocktail of antib's, setroids, probiotic, rantindine and a diet of chicken and rice. Hoping for test results to confirm infection or not today, vet now worried as he has peed in his sleep his kidney function is compromised so probably end up doing a blood test sunday to check and also we'll know if we can do round 3 on Tues - if we do do it at least its the same drug as week 1 (vinchristine) and he thankfully seemed fine on that

I have to try as if I don't I know I'll regret it and at least if we start we can always stop and if we can get through one 4 week round then I know what to expect, they will either not give him the wk2 drug again and change it or reduce the dose. Its the endless waiting and unknown along with rubbish sleep - waking him up every 2-3 hours for a wee thats making me over emotional atm and I just didn't want delays as it seems endless and tbh its hard work on a tight budget with a not very helpful work and being on my own, parents are helping once a week and a neighbour is also helping too during the day if I need to leave him at home as dog walker can't commit to every 2 or so hours, he is mostly unaware still thankfully but his appetite of a horse is back now he's feeling better!!

11. Hugs MrsMozart Hugs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sweetie. It's a pants time. You must be shattered. Any chance at all that a friend or parent could do an overnight shift? Wish we were closer as we would between us. Hugs to you.

leflynn
    I'm hoping his weeing and hunger will improve once he is off the steroids in a couple of weeks then we can have a bit of normallity. Vet confirmed infection so another weeks delay and hopefully back to it after the bank hol, thanks mrsm just having a tricky time of it as split up with mr just before all this happened (june) and he was incredibly unhelpful about giving me some space to deal with it

14. Hugs MrsMozart Hugs