The mad pups are nearly seven months old.

Not a bad bone in their bodies, but the not-so-little bobbos do like to chew, so have to be penned when we're not home. The pens are the biggest I could find, only the pups need more space now.

They've been crated separately, on advice to prevent separation anxiety, and can start to spend more time together now, so I'm wondering what the best option is. So far have come up with:

Outside standalone pen;
Outside penned area - outside the back door, which would mean metal grill panelling;
Grill panelling of some sort and effectively line the utility so they'd have all the floor space,

or something else?

I sort of know the grill panels only can't find tall enough and strong enough ones.

I was thinking they could have the outside option to burn off some energy, then the utility option at night.

They like to explore, to chew (did I mention the chewing?!), and to play. They're walked twice a day but it burns off little of their bounce! They're also not doing well on the house training front, so whatever option we go with has to withstand all that...