Thread: People say keeping horses in all the time is cruel....

Post Thanks / Like

People say keeping horses in all the time is cruel....

Can somebody please explain this to Roo??

She came in for a week because she was footy and I didn't want another lami bout. I then started to let her go out again for an hour with the plans to up it again over a couple of weeks... Roo has other plans.
    When I turn her out she just stands there, and if she sees me she whinnies and walks back and forth across the gate way. Even if it's only been 10 minutes.
    Yesterday I turned her out while I lunged Jimmy, she stared at me and whinnied the entire time.

Today I decided to let her have her muzzle off for an hour. She can't yet go a full day without it but an hour, OK.
    She did go and eat some grass and seems happier but just under an hour later she was ready to come in.

This is going to be a long winter!!!

2. Likes Spottyappy, MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wondered that one as well!

One of ours would very much rather be in full time, and one half the time. The third one sticks two hooves up and bobs off at the sight of a stable, but he's a bit odd anyway lol

Maybe it's the on-hand food (hay) and comfier-than-the-ground bed

4. Likes Spottyappy liked this post
    Dubsie
    Lady doesn't care where she is. Quite happy to stay in all day the only proviso is she HAS to see what's going on. No stable tucked out of sight, needs to be in the thick of it.

6. Likes Spottyappy, MrsMozart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    G is abit of a stable girl, especially if there’s hay in it! A couldn’t care less, unless it’s really wet AND cold, then she wants to stay in.
    currently, both enjoying life out 24/7. Which is so much easier. This time last year, I had 3 stabled.

8. Likes MrsMozart liked this post