Bella Boo

Luca de Carlos - 23.3.10 - One yr on - RIP

jesstickle

Re: Luca de Carlos - 23.3.10 - One yr on - RIP

massive, massive hugs to you honey.

What a beautiful tribute.

LauraWheeler

What a beautiful tribute to a gorgeous horse. Bought a tear to my eye he was so lucky to have found you even for a short while. ((((((((hugs))))))) to you.
    God bless, RIP Luca de Carlos xx

Pippipony

Wonderful post, glad i'm in my own office as have a tear down my cheek.

You made a big difference to that horse
    xx

Post Thanks / Like

He was lucky to find you, in so many ways.

A beautiful lad.

Bella Boo

He was so full off life, not that you would've known it when I first saw him... feet all twisted, ribs on show for the world to see...

He was a handsome lad with attitude but I did adore him. At least he left me with a wonky knee to remember him by There is something about this lad that whenever I think of him I get a big grin on my face... he was just so daft all the time...

Thank you all for your kind words though - he was a handsome lad (proof you can't have beauty and brains) and sorely missed.

xx

Its hard not too have a big grin on your face when you think of him!

I've got a lot to thank this horse for and his lovely mammy. I'd not had horsey contact for months on end when I first met him, and whilst River was a cuddle monster, you were the one who well and truely stole my heart. Particularly when you stood on R's foot That still makes me laugh.

Those big eyes of yours told our story, and my heart melted.

Christmas 2009 was turned from one of the worst Christmas' ever, to one of the best when your mammy asked me to come visit, you turned my world around for me, and i can't thank you enough. Laid against your bum with a smile across my face, not knowing that there would be a terrible twist of fate. I walked behind as she long reined you and you had a paddy, your mammy spoke calming words to you and off you went again, the direction of your ears spoke volumes of your confidence in her.

I'll always remember you as the big soft, silly, opinionated, dappy, slightly mad ginger nut that you were.

I hope the sun is on your back now boy.

RIP

Bella Boo

The two of them are up there now causing havoc and Roo is rolling his eyes at Ginger thinking - 'really?' as Lu gets himself in another scrape...

I remember that Christmas when I thought all would be well and I was full of hope. The hours long reining round the farm singing to him to prevent the tantrums. I've never been so fit, 1.5 hrs long reining a day 6 days a week 'striding out' that big ginger bottom infront of me... Some stars shine too brightly to shine for long and someone had damaged him beyond my ability to repair - but at least he knew kindess and love before he went.

I'll never forget my pride when he let me bridle him properly without undoing it and doing it up again, or being told how well he had behaved for other people. He was the horse who taught me what I could achieve and that I was more than I thought I was...

I did love his stupidness.

t x

Post Thanks / Like

A very, very special horse hun.

Hugs.

Bella Boo

Thanks MrsM - I've been incredibly lucky in the horses in my life, each has taught me something new and helped me with the next one. When times are tough I can still feel the two boys around me - I am lucky to have loved and been loved in return by these amazing creatures. The tears of the last 18 months were more than balanced out by the smiles they gave me and the lessons I learnt.

BB x