Thread: New Cat Keeps Weeing in the House!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Cat Keeps Weeing in the House!

Only on the first floor (so far!).

Any ideas on how to stop her?!

3Beasties
    Can you confine her to one room with a litter tray for now? Is this the one that came from a farm? I'm guessing she'll need treating like a baby in regards to teaching her where to pee!

A tip for cleaning it up, use a biological washing powder and a 10% solution of surgical spirit mixed together in water, it gets rid of the smell completely so stops them thinking that everywhere is a toilet because it smells! It worked with Toby dog when he came home from the vets, I assume it will work with cats too.

Bettyboo222
    I echo what 3B has said, also if this is the cat from the farm and they are house trained it may be possible she is a little stressed as she's moved house.

Pippipony
    Could she have a UTI? And can't control where she wee's? Could this be linked with the blood? Could she have cysisitis? (SP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ta folks . Just realised I'd read and run yesterday.

I'll ring the vet's today and get her booked in for a check over.

Bettyboo222
    Better safe than sorry, if it is a stress thing you can get a spray/diffuser called feliway (have a google) I've used it with great success and we use it at the vets to chill out cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Ta BB222

I don't think it's stress related. She's not spraying but doing the full wee (the shower tray and the bath are her new two favourite spots!).

Weve never needed a cat flap, but we're going to put one in, see if that helps.