Thread: The Bunnies Update

Post Thanks / Like

The Bunnies Update

Will get some pictures up.

They've been living outside in their Manor House, which is grand, but they've grown and I don't think they had quite enough space for exercise, though seemed to like the bedroom part for snuggles

D had the good idea of getting another hutch and running a wire tunnel between the two

This will mean clearing a bit more garden, etc., so for now, and while we're not getting on with putting in the downstairs cloakroom ( ), the big dog pen is back up and they're back in the dining room Lots of space for bouncing bunnies!

Sad to say that when they were outside they were handled far less and now really aren't keen, so that's on the list of things to get back into doing. So far we're back to stroking the girl's back, but the boy doesn't want to know, unless one has food

I don't know, at this time, if we'll keep them or not. I didn't plan on having rabbits and it feels like the pet situation is a bit top heavy. I know we'll lose a dog probably next year (old age) and two dogs and the two cats the year after when the younger Ds take them, but I'd wanted a German Shepherd and a cat and nothing else really. Need to recover financially from all the animals' vet bills and care costs. Don't get me wrong, I don't resent it in any way! Just that we can't afford to keep it up indefinitely at this level (still have the three horses as well). No idea how one would go about re homing rabbits and no doubt shelters etc are full, plus I'd whittle that they weren't being looked after, so no doubt they'll stay . This is probably just a side reaction to other things going on in life.

tabithakat64
    There's a website called rabbit rehome where private individuals can also advertise rabbits for reigning as well as rescues. It's attached to the biggest rabbit forum in the UK.
    Rabbits are much, much more work than people think.

3. Thanks MrsMozart thanked for this post